Natural is a term that is thrown around in skin care a lot. There is no legal definition for advertising a skin care product as "natural", in Malaysia and many other countries. There are many brands that use images or representations of nature to sell their products. Many times, these ingredients are included in small amounts but heavily marketed, giving the impression to the customer that the products are made from more natural ingredients than they actually are.
Due to this, we have decided to come up with a pledge for what the term "natural " means to us at Root Remedies. Unless stated explicitly, you can assume the following for all Root Remedies products. Here goes:
- All oils used in our products designed to be applied directly on the skin are minimally processed. Minimally processed oils retain most of their natural nutrients and active ingredients. This means none of the oils used in our products are bleached, deodorized, or solvent extracted (extracted using chemicals.
- All scents from our products come from natural sources such as essential oils or plant extracts.
- All of our washes/soaps (face, body, and hair) are "true soaps", and created from high quality oils. True soaps are made by reacting oils with an alkaline base in a process called saponification.
- None of our washes/soaps contain any synthetic detergents or foaming agents.
- All our products contain no unnecessary synthetic ingredients or preservatives. In the case where it is required for product safety, quality, or experience, we will only use synthetics that are gentle to the skin in minimal quantities.
- All our products consist of up to 90% natural ingredients. In no case now or in the future will our products have a natural to synthetic ratio of more than 9:1.
We hope this simple pledge helps you understand our dedication to providing you with high quality natural, minimal products!
If you have any questions regarding the pledge or anything else, don't hesitate to leave a comment or DM us on Instagram of Facebook. We are here to answer your doubts and questions.
Until next time!