Skincare should be simple.
Our philosophy is that a minimal routine with clean ingredients leads to real results.
Root Remedies is a Malaysian-born brand established in 2015, started by co-founders Sian Chiew and Leland Lo.
In a world of countless steps and confusing labels, we truly believe that less is more. It's our vow to always use high quality, minimally processed ingredients sourced straight from the earth.
Nature has long served as our greatest teacher. From learning to adapt with the times, to finding perfect balance in our products.
That's why staying vegan, cruelty-free, and sustainable goes more than skin deep. It’s our hope that by respecting the gifts of our planet, we can keep it thriving for generations to come.
We'll be there for you during every step of your natural skincare journey, and promise to keep creating Earth-powered products that deliver real results.
Our Pledge towards being Natural
Unless explicitly stated in the product description:
- All oils used in our products designed to be applied directly on the skin are minimally processed. Minimally processed oils retain most of their natural nutrients and active ingredients. This means none of the oils used in our products are bleached, deodorized, or solvent extracted (extracted using chemicals.
- All scents from our products come from natural sources such as essential oils or plant extracts.
- All of our washes/soaps (face, body, and hair) are "true soaps", and created from high quality oils. True soaps are made by reacting oils with an alkaline base in a process called saponification.
- None of our washes/soaps contain any synthetic detergents or foaming agents.
- All our products contain no unnecessary synthetic ingredients or preservatives. In the case where it is required for product safety, quality, or experience, we will only use synthetics that are gentle to the skin in minimal quantities.
- All our products consist of up to at least 90% natural ingredients. In no case now or in the future will our products have a natural to synthetic ratio of more than 9:1.